This reflects the update to LTA venue guidance (issued pm,13th Jul) and the resulting changes to our club activities.
The fundamental guidance remains and underpins all activity:
- Maintain maximum reasonable social distancing,
- avoid touching (and take care to clean) communal surfaces
- wash hands regularly (particularly on arrival and at departure)
Furthermore, do not even attend FTC if you, or anyone in your household, show the symptoms: High temperature; new persistent cough or new lack of taste and smell. If developed at the club then Report (NHS 111), get a test and isolate.
Noting the need to observe and practise the above , the following now apply:
- Singles and doubles can be played with people from different households
- Club sessions and competitions can be reintroduced without need to limit playing to a 6-person bubble. Allocating fixed 4’s during such sessions is therefore no longer required, but to reduce waiting, leads for each session may still choose to allocate you a time to manage numbers
- Junior coaching can be in groups of up to 15 + coach
- Adult coaching limited to groups of 5 + coach
- Up to 6 parents (or other supporters ) can again attend
What you are requested to not do, and remains in the LTA guidance:
- Minimise congregating on or around the court before and after play
Club measures to reduce risk are:
- The clubhouse remains closed for general members’ access and use.
- The outside WC and basin (which is drinking water) remains open
- Nets should remain up
- Sanitiser has been provided. Anti-bacterial soap is in the WC and an air dryer (bring your own towel if required)
- We will continue to make balls available to purchase. They should be marked to enable restricted personal use when and if required. A reasonable supply of club balls will be reintroduced for club sessions.
- Etiquette on managing communal use of balls at club sessions is posted at the club
- The ball machine remains off-limits.
- Court booking remains encouraged for general play to minimise potential unnecessary waiting.
- Keep all members informed of official guidance as it develops and how it affects FTC
Changes come into effect from today (15th July).
All the LTA updated guidance is issued with constant reference for the need to observe prevailing Government Guidance and good practice.
Please do your upmost to play your part regarding distancing, touching and hygiene. It is easy to become overly confident and a little complacent to a threat that in the main we cannot see, hear or smell. Adopting some simple measures can help yourself and other club members keep virus-free.